Saturday, May 12, 2007

Unattended Death and Cutting the Darn Floor!

I hate cutting floors. Unattended deaths are the worst for cutting floors because the deceased stays in place for a long time. As time passes, so do the body's fluids, right out the pours and orifices, I gather. So by the time the coroner gets going, the crime scene cleaner often gets more of the remains, but they're suspended in fabrics and the floor.

I pride myself on saving floors. I wish I could save all of them, but today there was no way to save anything but ozone. Cut, cut, cut, and cut away the floor I did.

I got cut too. On the leg by a nail! At least it wasn't bloody.

What I did get out of cutting the floor was an urge to use the term "orifice" in my blogging. So I did get something done, besides cutting a darn floor.

If the reader wonders how I knew that I needed to cut this floor, how I knew it could not be saved, I can relate to the wonder of it all. It's metaphysical. Just like spelling the term "orifice." It is a wonder that I got it right the first time.

Spelling is also one of the darnedest things, at least for this writer. Thank goodness that spell checkers came along because I was wearing out my dictionary pages on a regular basis. No kidding.

I will pontificate on being a poor speller in another blog. Like an unattended death, it is something that we don't want to be, and the darnedest thing to cleanup.

No comments: