Thursday, May 17, 2007

Do not do unto others . . . .

I wanted to write this down before I forgot, and then I forgot to write it down a bunch of times, now.

So here it is:

"Do not do unto others what you would not have them do unto you." Prince Kropotkin

No, this is not by Jesus Christ or anyone else but Kropotkin.

The other one goes like this and it is less liberating:

"Do unto others what you would have them do unto you"
This one, unlike the first, commands. The first simply says, "Leave others alone."

For those German Philosophy types, here it is:

Behave as if your behavior were to become universal. Immanual Kant

I needed to get these off of my chest and somewhere where I could find them. It is getting too easy to forget stuff. Thank goodness for Google and its blog service!

Now I need to recall something by Shakespeare, but I don't have the first idea what it was!

No comments: