Thursday, May 24, 2007

I don't need an audience, only a desire to organize my thoughts.

"Blogging" is something that I ignored for a long time. I have read few blogs that kept my attention, and I guess that my blog is about as boring as they come.

The purpose of this blog is to help me organize my thoughts. To place some sort of structure into these random thoughts some call a "stream of consciousness." My only regret is that it is titled Crime Scene Cleanup. How limiting!

Then, of course, I don't need to play by any rules when it comes to the title. After all, it's my blog. I can write about anything that I please. And after all, I don't really need to keep Crime Scene Cleanup to a strict definition. After all, I am the owner and lawless creator of CrimeScene.info, one of my highest and proudest achievements. I know; I know that "pride" is one of the seven deadly sins, but that's OK in this context. Take a look and see if you agree.

Then, of course, life is about stories because we are the story telling animal, and perhaps a bit more, too. Like, liars? And all stories are interpreted from different perspectives and in different times and places. Things change, after all. It's so easy to lie, to make up stories that are not true. Just ask George Bush. He knows about story telling.

So any stories that I write, call them essays, I guess, any of these writings can be written as make-believe, magical, or out-and-out poor fiction. But unlike George Bush, I will not lie or tell a story to manipulate others; that's crazy! (Manipulation of others is a form of craziness by definition, by the way.) That's power, but I want to create power in good faith, and create life, nature as I want from my own stories. No injuries to others. What a blast!

I will try to avoid stories about the White House and those who frequent it. I don't stay up on that kind of stuff, anyway. So any stories that I do write about the White House will be as close to factual as I can get; I suppose that these stories will be a form of crime scene writing, too. I just do not see anything good coming out of the Bush White House. Just the same, unlike the Bush White House, I will cite my sources so that I and others can look them up soon and later. No crime in that.

I hate to dwell on George Bush, I really do, but this guy is going backwards, no question. And don't blame it on his religious beliefs because Jimmy Carter was a "born again Christian." He at least had the sense to figure out that the US's oil consumption and other natural resource requirements needed to be slimmed down and made sustainable. Remember, Jimmy Carter was so big on renewable energy.

Where would we and the rest of the world be today had Carter's plans for renewable energy survived past Ronny Raygun and those that followed? We would be some 30 years ahead of where we are today.

Gosh, I'm glad that I was privileged to forgo adding to the massive, exponentially growing human population and its
ma·ni·a·cal·ly driven desire for more and more of everything. Have you heard about "snap-back"? Well, you will and you will wish that Jimmy Carter had been elected King. Such a kingship would not have been enough, anyway, but it would have been a starter. Perhaps humanity would have suffered less in the future and done the right thing by handing down more species and their habitat to future generations for the next 10,000 years.

In fact, had Jimmy Carter been elected as our King we would not have had King George nominate corporate freaks to plan the US energy policy and to run the Environmental Protection Agency. Can you imagine! Beyond belief and a genuine crime against humanity and other critters and plants, Bush does it all backwards. Now he is a criminal and cleaning up after Bush is going to take more than we have, I fear.
That's how it is.
I'm getting organized here.
Eddie Evans - Story teller.

No comments: