Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Top 10 Surprising Results of Global Warming

See The 10 Suprising Results of Global Warming as published by Live Science.

Sometime I feel a little giddy because my grouchy "told-ya-so" Global Warming rant looks like it really is for real. In the 70's I read about the possibility of Global Warming on theoretical grounds in Scientific American, and "no" I do not remember which issue. I do recall that nobody wanted to talk about it or listen to me go on about the Earth's foreseeable doom. I believe that statistical tables were presented in that time, too. This is back when I was preaching on environmental and critter issues in general. I soon shied away from talking about Global Warming because others were talking about it enough to satisfy me. It is also too hard to discuss something that you cannot see, like gravity and evolution.

Species-populations in the wild came to be and is my thing since it is easy enough to see what has happened to critical species' habitat World-wide, including - - especially in Southern California where I was raised. I actually played in thousands of acres of wetland when I was between 6 and 10 years old. It is all gone now, of course. It is rare to see butterflies now, and I never see frogs, which were so common. I used to take "pollywogs" home to raise them, and never succeeded. These species are still to be found in rare places on our planet. I'm sure that the beautiful dragonflies are to be found elsewhere, but not in so many places like before - - 50 years ago. Frogs are definitely on the outs as the Sun's ultraviolet light cooks their sensitive mucus-like skin, which has more to do with the planet's Ozone depletion than Global Warming.

Anyway, Global Warming appears to be the real deal and I feel so giddy because I was so right about such a catastrophic, planet shaking hell-on-Earth process. Too bad for the following generations - - I told ya not to make those babies. Now see what you have done!

Perhaps George Bush will read these words and do something useful for the future - - for once.

So it goes.

Eddie Evans

No comments: