Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Drought - Does anyone care?

Apparently, the drought in the US grows more serious.
< Dry episodes have become so persistent in the West that some scientists and water managers say drought is the "new normal" there. Reinforcing that notion are global-warming projections warning of more and deeper dry spells in the Southwest, although a report in last week's Science magazine challenges the climate models and suggests there will be more rainfall worldwide later this century. >

I've already said my piece about the drought in
Los Angeles and how we have added to the misery. I have also done my share of complaining about our government's lackadaisical efforts to help the future generations' survival in terms of global warming.

I know too that I placed a story here about a "Happiness Machine" that sure resembles what I am witnessing here at home in Southern California.

Is this drought really related to global warming? If so, is there anything that little old me and others can do about it? Does anyone care?

Keep these ideas in mind. There must be more to be done. Before procreating, give these ideas some serious thought.
Eddie Evans

No comments: