Sunday, October 7, 2007

Off-duty Wis. deputy sheriff kills 6

By ROBERT IMRIE, Associated Press Writer

"All I heard it was a jealous boyfriend and he went berserk. He took them all out."

I do not like guns, period. Anyone reading my blogs will testify that I write about by dislike for guns often enough:

Cop's Shots at Snake May Have Killed Boy - Poor police work and possi cometatus - Guns Suck!

Given the male component for testosteron, we can expect young men to "go off" at a fairly well paced regularity - - It's in their blood, literally. Throw in some jealousy, over-time police work, and bang! Of course, there are thousands of types of "mental illness" that will become suspect before the truth is known about the above incident. Be sure of this, the gun made it all possible.

There is little that we can do about it. Guns are here to stay. Try to police them out of existence and their presence will grow ten-fold and their value will grow a thousand-fold; Crimes related to "dealing" in guns will grow exponentially as the market for their cash-value grows, should they ever be outlawed.

There is only one time that I would want a gun to exist, and that time will never come, I hope. That is, if my wife were ever attacked by a loony bent on harming her, I would want her to have a gun to protect herself. I would also want her to be well trained to handle it.

That's about all that I have to say on the subject of guns and the unfortunate event that brought me to my mental-health blog writings. It does help to vent in this manner. Too bad the young police officer from the above incident wasn't blogging to vent problems.

Eddie Evans
Crime Scene Cleanup

No comments: