Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What again? Antarctic glaciers melting faster than thought

Either there is a terrific melt underway or someone's crying wolf. Every time I turn around, every month anyway, there's another article about how the glaciers are disappearing. So now "satellite data and automated weather stations now indicate it is more widespread" and there's no end in site, at least not in my life time or anyone's life time for the next tens of thousands of years.

Now is someone crying wolf or what? I heard that story about the little boy crying "wolf" once too many times. Now I'm beginning to wonder about this ice deal.

Then, there's that old "Mother Hubberd who lived in a shoe" to think about. I know for a fact there's more folks on this planet than mechanized agriculture can feed any time soon. And some of these folks are using Brave New World technology to bring eight kids at a time!

Well, after my writing on the word "environment," I decided to write on the nature of English, syntax, and meaning. Now it's the ice man melting that has my dander up!

I will get to my re-editing of the environment piece and then move on to the next piece, the nature of screwing up a good marketing campaign by one word.


Eddie Evans (not melting -- yet)
Crime Scene Cleanup

No comments: