Friday, November 9, 2007

Observation 1 - Yesterday evening

I rushed into the men's room at one of those gas station fast-food businesses late last night. A young Latino man entered carrying a large, see-thru, plastic bag from the ladies' room. It was full of those feminine napkins. (Thank you God for not making me wear one of those things!)

How does OSHA fit into this picture, this on-going story nationwide? He had no gloves on, no mask, and placed the contents of that bag into the waste for the men's room. I suppose he dumped the whole mess into the the solid waste dumster out back.

We can't do this sort of thing with blood from a crime, trauma, or unattended death. I would not want to and I would not want anyone else to do so. My thing is to find a way to treat bio-waste on-site to neutralize, to decontaminate it in a universally safe and effective (affective?) way.

I know I've covered this information here before. The napkins are safe unless the blood dries out and can flake, thereby becoming airborne, or if it is moist and can splash or drip or smear into or onto someone's wounds or orifices, like the mouth, eyes, and wounds.

I'm thinking about getting Crime Scene Cleanup Magazine going (again), only for free this time. (An afterthought)

Eddie Evans
Crime Scene Cleanup

No comments: