Monday, June 8, 2009

Khmer Rouge torturer recounts baby-killing policy

Khmer Rouge torturer recounts baby-killing policy

We watched it happen and did nothing. The entire world watched it happen and did nothing, except for Viet Nam. After fighting the Japanese, then the French, then the Americans, the Vietnamese entered Cambodia and took on the crazy Khmer Rouge.

I listened to the radio and read about the doings and thought that I would not want to go. I think that I probably would have gone if asked and given the opportunity. I was young enough. It would have been hard to leave my family and civilian life, but I would have been to ashamed not to have gone. I had no excuse not to go at the time, other than my country ignored it. No one wanted another trip to Asia, that's for sure.

Still, to live as a human being in goodfaith, I would have had to go. I didn't and neither did my country. This is a very sore mark on our history and leaves me feeling guilty. It is too late now. I wonder how many times the world will watch this sort of genocide happen? How many more killing fields will we tolerate?

Where was Bush, Cheney, and Limbaugh?

Eddie Evans
crime scene cleanup

No comments: