Sunday, September 28, 2008

Limits to Power - Book Review

I'll return to this writing after I've read this neat little book a second time. The writer deserves our attention, considering what he and his family have contributed to the US. I too spent 23 years in the US Army, RA (VN), Reserve, NG. So I am biased toward the author.

As a "Green," I must confess that there is nothing really new here, other than a shift in leading characters. Greens have talked about bottom-up sustainability, accountability and US foreign reliance for more than two decades. (See every Green Party Platform, not just the "Green movement's outspoken agenda.) The idea that the US has propagandized self-reliance (a Republican virtue) while relying on other nations for its economy at the expense to all, including the environment, is an old idea.

I recommend this book for all, in any case, and it should be in every high school social studies' curriculum one way or another.

Eddie Evans
Fight crime where it exists!
Crime Scene Cleanup

No comments: