Thursday, September 13, 2007

Crime Scene Cleanup and Kotex

You just never know what you are going to find on a crime scene cleanup. On a recent trip to clean I removed bloody Kotex from the scene. Used Kotex, by the way, are the one object that causes me to gag.

So what do I do with these things? Do I toss them in my black bag, toss them in my black bag for red bag disposal as biowaste, or do I throw them in the trash can to be picked up on trash day with tons of other bloody
feminine hygiene napkins?

So, I took the middle path. I placed them in a black bag as solid waste disposal and that way saved myself biowaste fees while remaining within socially acceptable feminine hygiene disposal practices.

Last, today is trash pickup day on my street. The sociologist inside me guesses that if we have 100 females on our street capable of menstruating, then we may have roughly 20 actually doing so. Of these 20, some 5 feminine hygiene napkins will be in the trash today for each female. This means that on my street alone, the trash truck will recover 100 feminine hygiene napkins.

By any crime scene cleanup measure, my street will produce a greater quantity of bloody objects than many multiple homicide scenes will produce.

Now that is something to think about!

Eddie Evans
Crime Scene Cleanup


No comments: