Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Celluon CL850 Laser Projector Keyboard!

As much as I gripe about the market embedded mind, I must still share some of the really neat stuff out there. Check this out, the Celluon laser keyboard. If I had $90 for another gadget I'd buy this baby in a flash!
Keys to success
Celluon CL850 Laser Projector Keyboard; $90; www.celluon.com

Jim Motyl, software engineer, WMS Gaming:


After years of lugging around a laptop on business trips, I decided to lighten my load by getting an ultramobile PC. But the miniature computer lacked a proper keyboard, a serious disadvantage when working on the road. Still, I didn't want a full-size portable keyboard -- that's just one more thing to carry. The solution was this Korean laser projector, a Bluetooth device that connects to my UMPC (as well as to PDAs, cell phones, and other mobile devices) and shines a bright red "qwerty" keyboard on flat surfaces. It weighs slightly more than 4 ounces and is just 3.5 inches wide, so it fits inside my UMPC's case. The keys can be clearly seen in well-lit offices, restaurants, and practically every other environment except direct sunlight. Sensors pick up my finger movements about a quarter-inch above the surface, typing elicits keyboardlike clicks to signal that the sensors are doing their job, and placing a finger at the bottom of the keyboard activates the mouse function. All told, this device provides another welcome layer of mobility to my mobile computing.

<<

Eddie Evans

No comments: